John Wright believes that strong public schools are essential to Atlanta’s future and that every community deserves to have strong schools to educate its students. John is an APS GRAD and APS DAD and has a proven record of listening to parents, teachers, administrators, students and stakeholders. John brings experience to this position, understands the role of school board members and knows what real governance looks like. John has a proven track record of putting the educational needs of our children first. John is an accomplished and seasoned administrator, whose success was founded by a quality education received from B.E. Mays High School, followed by a Bachelor of Science degree from Southern University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He currently works for AECOM managing over $1.2B of E-SPLOST school construction projects for the DeKalb County School District. John is running for office because he’s dedicated to every child having the same opportunity to thrive that he did.
John’s platform for earning your vote is simple:
- Create meaningful policy and monitor policy effectiveness
- Manage the budget
- Manage the Superintendent
- Pre-K and K-5 Education
- Collaborate and mentor with organizations that focus on early childhood development (Ages 0-4yrs)
- Every child reading by 2nd grade
- Reading for comprehension by 3rd and 4th grade
- Address Blight
- Work with the City of Atlanta to acquire the deeds to shuttered schools
- Work with each community to determine the fate of those shuttered schools
- Work with City Council and Mayor to address abandoned homes and buildings
As the former 2-term board president of a local independent neighborhood charter school, John brings the practical knowledge, skills, and abilities required to make a positive impact for our children. John’s leadership style inspires trust, and informs the Atlanta community that he will be principled with this precious responsibility. John believes the number one job of the Atlanta Public School system is to make certain every family in Atlanta, wherever they live or how much money they have, is able to send their child or children to a high quality and safe school.
ELECT JOHN WRIGHT FOR ATLANTA BOE SEAT 7 At-Large
DL: (404) 202-1537 Email: email@example.com